Thursday, May 3, 2012

Landed!!!

After a 2+ hour bus ride from Philadelphia to JFK, 10-hour flight to Istanbul, a 2-hour flight to Tbilisi, and countless hours in airports; I am now an hour or so outside the capitol, Tbilisi. We are staying in a former-Soviet compound...or so Tengo tells us. Don't worry. It's not as shady as it sounds. The living conditions will only go down from here.

The food is good. The people (staff and trainees[aka future volunteers]) are really nice. I had my first language session today. One word describes it all: intense. My training will consist of 5 4-hour sessions. I'm in way over my head.

I'll keep you all updated!

1 comment:

  1. Did you take a camera? I need pictures!

    Hope you are settled in there and are enjoying your journey. Keep us posted back home!

    XOXO,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete