Sunday, May 13, 2012

Alive

Just dropping a note to let you all know I am alive. I have been taking picture but I do not have time to post them now (sorry, Liz). All is well. My host family ran into unforeseen circumstances so I will be moving into a new one today. No worries, it happens. The language is slowly (and not always surely) coming along. My old host family is great and I expect the same will happen with my new one. PST is still really intense (as all of us PCTs[Peace Corps Trainees] will agree). I get overwhelmed from time to time but I'm surviving. Met a lot of great people (American and Georgian). The food is great. I live near mountains and surrounded by farm animals. Already had many awkward moments where nothing but hand signals and a few Georgian words were used to get my ideas across. Hopefully it won't have to stay like that.

I only get one day off so don't expect much from me unless it is on Sundays. And even then, everything is iffy. Only 10 more weeks to go before I become a REAL volunteer (hopefully).

2 comments:

  1. Sounds good brother. Hey at least you have some experience with expressing yourself in other languages. Try to stay away from the whole "cumpleanos" fiasco lol.

    Great to hear from you dude.

    -Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a guy who kind of reminds me of you. When my Kartuli(Georgian) improves, I'm going to convince the Taxi drivers that he also plays for the Knicks (or a similar team).

    ReplyDelete