Thursday, July 12, 2012

8 Days Remain!!!!

When I last blogged, my cluster and I had just completed our community project. Since then, not much has gone on. Oh! My cluster and I just finished our Summer Camp. It went fairly well. You always run into a few bumps in the road with these kind of things. I have gone through 95% of training (PST). The following are items I must complete by next Friday (the final day of PST): 1. Pass Education (Technical Training) test 2. Pass Medical and Safety & Security test 3. Take LPI (Language Exam) (Though passing is not necessary, it would be great. And if I don't pass now, I am required to get a tutor then pass it at a later date) 4. Fill out Self Assessement Blue Book 5. Show up to Swearing-In Ceremony I got this! Then it's off to the village I will call home for the next two years. I will have about a month and a half to integrate into my community by any means necessary, prepare for a summer camp, and just relax. I'm looking forward to the latter the most. I'll start school (and hopefully a newly-found career) around September 15th. And I'm already making plans to be in Istabul in January for Winter Break (and hopefully Europe with my sister next summer). It will be different going from an intense 11.5 weeks with many regulations but seeing many great people on a regular basis to being alone in a village with not a whole lot to do. But, this is what I signed up for. And I'm ready for it. Sincerely, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment